Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I started 100 Days of Code today. I wanted to host this through my Github, but to do that it looks like you need to use Jekyll and to use Jekyll you need to use Ruby. My coding plan for today was to set up my blog on Github, but it looks quite in depth. I will continue with You Don't Know JS: Up and Going for now. I'm working my way through all the examples.

I guess I really started my 100 Day of Code yesterday because I put in a good hour coding, but I officially tweeted it today so I'll go with today. I'm excited to start. I'm working on my CS degree and my courses right now don't involve programming so I'm feeling rusty and I miss it. My primary focus is going to me javascript throughout this challenge, but I'm also taking an algorithm course through Coursera and that is taught with Java so I'll play with that a bit too.

I've worked with both languages in the past so I don't think it should be too bad doing them both. Once I brush up on my js I'm going to start going through some of the beginner open source projects on Github. I've never contributed to anything before, but I know there are lots recommended for beginners and I will contribute. I'm not terribly comfortable with Github too so that's part of the reason. I've only put my own stuff on it, never contributed. I know that's super important career wise so I'm killing two birds with one stone this round of 100 Days of Code. I'm also going to get my blog up and running there too, but I don't want to forget everything before the weekend when I'll have time to focus on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment